Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Utilities Under 3MB (Preview)

Just to give you and idea of some of the programs I will be reviewing, here's a list. Many are under 1MB! The list is just in alphabetical order as these applications fulfill many different purposes, and ranking them would not be a useful measure.

Audio Book Cutter Portable (2.59 MB)
Deskwin Portable (410 KB)
DVD Shrink (885 KB) *
MirandaPortable (1.74 MB)
MowSaikSharp (84 KB) *
Notepad++ (2.26 MB)
PNG Optimizer (523 KB)
SpeQ Portable (581 KB)
uTorrentPortable (~890 KB)
XMPlay (300KB - 1MB) **

*Not technically portable but runs without needing reg keys
** Varies depending on plug-ins and skins

I may think of a few more and if you have any you'd like to see please let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Kyouraku Shunsui,

I just recently found your blog, but see that the entries ended about 1 year ago. I appreciate your posts and would like to know if you are still out there living the portable life?

- Jon